Master of Interaction Design 🔗
About Master of Interaction Design - California College of the Arts (CCA)
|Degree Offered||Master of Design|
|Other Degrees Offered||Certificates|
|Offer Made||See here|
|Admission Type||Regular Decision|
|Information Session Conducted||✅ click here to register|
Entry Requirements for Master of Interaction Design - California College of the Arts (CCA)
|TOEFL**||100 (for non-native speakers)|
|Personal Statement Word limit||2,000 words max|
|Letter of Recommendation||2|
|Resume / CV||✅|
|Portfolio||✅ Read here for complete details|
**English proficiency can be shown in many ways, click here for more information
Personal Statement Prompt
- What draws you to the field of interaction design at this time? Your answer to this question should be recorded in a video, up to 90 seconds maximum length. Be sure to include your definition of interaction design, and show us your personality in the video.
- The MDes program at CCA helps you develop professional leadership skills. Describe a time when you demonstrated professional leadership in collaboration with others to create change. What did you learn about yourself as a leader in the process? The MDes program at CCA collaborates with community partners. What’s your approach to building community or engaging with a specific community? Please provide a specific example, whether it’s informal (e.g., planting trees in your neighborhood) or structured (e.g., ongoing volunteering with a nonprofit or NGO), and describe the outcomes of your work.
- What complex problem or social challenge inspires you to bring your design skills to it? Please describe why you selected this particular challenge and what drives you to propose a solution. How will you know your solution is a success?
- Describe how you’ve overcome a situation in the past by using a mindset of curiosity, framing, iteration, communication, collaboration, and measurement. How did it help you grow?
Cost of Attendence at Master of Interaction Design - California College of the Arts (CCA)
|Approx. Total Cost||$65,484|
Scholorship and Financial Aid
What’s special about Master of Interaction Design - California College of the Arts (CCA)?
Social Lab 🔗
Faculty and research scientists in the department of Human Centered Design & Engineering run directed research groups, which offer students a wide range of opportunities to do hands-on work, from conducting usability tests for local companies all the way to collecting data on communication issues internationally.
Hybrid Lab 🔗
CCA’s Hybrid Lab is a shared interdisciplinary space for making with innovative technology that is built around the principles of being open, fast, and inspiring. Students have access to sensors, motors, and other digital fabrication materials.
SF VR LAB 🔗
This high-end computer lab is available to all CCA students and faculty, dedicated for Virtual Reality intensive work.
Rapid Prototyping Studio 🔗
The Rapid Prototyping Studio is a prototyping and fabrication space enabled by computerized machinery. Tools include CNC Laser Cutters/Engravers, a Vinyl Cutter, and CNC Routers.
Master of Master of Interaction Design - California College of the Arts (CCA) Course Ranking
|Top UX School||#14||topuxschool.com|
Faculty at Master of Interaction Design - California College of the Arts (CCA) 🔗
All our professors practice with designers who have extensive industry connections. They work for Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Google, IDEO, and many design consulting companies in the Bay Area and other regions. His expertise in user experience design, user interface, interactive media, game and service design, etc. will help shape our key curriculum for future design leaders.
Research Areas at Master of Interaction Design - California College of the Arts (CCA)
- Wearable air quality monitor
- Smart lock with facial recognition
- Data visualization portal for municipal health trends
- User interface for semi-autonomous vehicles
- Master digital prototyping tools
- Create user scenarios, information flows, and wireframes
- Utilize print, screen, mobile, web, and vehicle canvases
- Design for systems, behavior, and interactive technology
- Create performances, storyboards, and personas
- Learn to pitch design and business concepts
- Build small-scale hypotheses, then at-scale responses
- Study organizational systems and leadership skills
- Apply systems thinking to real-world challenges
Careers after Master of Interaction Design - California College of the Arts (CCA) 🔗
Our students’ talents in human-centered creative design prepare them for success in a variety of careers. Practical experience in the social laboratory provides them with the practical skills needed to apply design to social impact. Our students develop augmented reality. The surgeon interface, the development of semi-automatic electric vehicles, and the creation of applications enable people everywhere to overcome obsessions by influencing elegant, ethical and sustainable design practices
- User experience designer
- Interaction designer
- Product designer
- Visual designer
- Organizational designer
- Creative design lead
- Social entrepreneur
- Creative directorFounder
Some graduates work in agencies such as IDEO, frog design, Method, Fjord, fuseproject, Daylight, and Adaptive Path. Others work in larger companies and organizations like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Jawbone, as well as a host of startups such as Intuitive Surgical, Nio and Carrot Sense. We cannot guarantee you’ll find a job by the end of the program, but the employment record for CCA graduates is high.